Latest from the blog:
Discover 3 tips in this week’s episode on how to have “Healthy Pianos.”
Exercise of the Week – Practice your healthy pianos with “Getting to know the D String” Exercise of the week.
Violinist of the Week – Pinchas Zukerman
Composer of the Week – Saint Saens
Join the Party at Online Violin TV Facebook Group
This week’s training – Toddler Violin Teacher Training 101
Have a great week everyone.
Love and Light
Violinist of the Week – Stefan Grappelli
Composer of the Week – Erik Satie
Join the Party by Liking Online Violin FB page to learn more about these two musicians.
Exercise of the Week – Shifts extracted from 3 Octave B Major Scale
Improve your violin shifting with these five tips.
5 Tips to Shifting accurately
1. Hand, wrist, thumb and fingers work as a team
2. Know your thumb’s home
3. Keep hand open before, during and after shift
4. Hear the new pitch before shifting
5. Practice the speed of the shift
Violinist of the Week: David Garret
Composer of the Week: Paganini
Exercise of the Week: Fourth Finger Extensions
What a great week this will be. Kicking it off with another fantastic episode of OVTV.
4 Fabulous Tips for Fastidious Fourth Finger Extensions
1. Don’t shift – solid left hand
2. Daily short spurt playtime with Fourth Finger Fitness
3. Fourth finger comes down strong and solid
4. Bring left elbow under the instrument to give a little help to the fourth finger
Be sure to share in the comments below your ahas and takeaways from today’s episode.
- How to Play Healthy Pianos – Online Violin TV 12March 23, 2015 - 6:02 am
- Online Violin TV 11 – 5 Tips for Clean, Crisp Accurate...March 16, 2015 - 11:54 am
- Online Violin Episode 10 – Fastidious Fourth Finger...March 9, 2015 - 7:16 am
- Online Violin TV Episode 9 – String Crossing Fund...March 2, 2015 - 7:16 am